Volunteers at Enfield Loaves and Fishes play a critical role in helping to end hunger in Enfield, CT, and the surrounding communities. Volunteering now is even more critical given the COVID-19 crisis. Enfield Loaves and Fishes desperately needs volunteers to help local families and individuals directly affected by the pandemic. We need volunteers who can help with packing to-go containers and handing out the packages. Individuals and groups are encouraged to reach out to Priscilla Brayson, Executive Director of ELF at 860-741-0226.
COVID Protection for ELF Volunteers and Clients
Enfield Loaves and Fishes is taking the following steps to protect our clients and volunteers from the spread of COVID-19. We are closely monitoring global developments regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19), and we are fully focused on protecting the health and safety of our volunteers and clients. To comply with guidance from local health authorities, we are implementing several measures to protect everyone.
- Everyone wears a mask, at all times! Since the meals are to go, there is no reason not to have your face mask on.
- Hand sanitizer stationed at each entrance for clients and volunteers to utilize.
- Rubber gloves are provided
- Handwashing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds prior to putting on gloves
- No eating or sampling while serving.
- All Kitchen counters are washed and sanitized at regular intervals
- All outside tables and serving trays are washed and sanitized at regular intervals
We ask if you think you have been exposed or have any symptoms that you not come to volunteer until the two weeks waiting time has passed. Please take care of yourselves and your family and follow the CDC for guidelines and updates: cdc.gov/COVID19
Enfield Loaves and Fishes is one of the few places where people in need can get a free meal without judgment or discrimination. We rely solely on the generosity of the people to volunteer and make donations of money and time. Volunteering may not make you rich, but it gives you something more valuable than money: happiness. Helping those who are in need brings satisfaction that no amount of money can buy. Please help us help others by Volunteering today. Call Priscilla at 860-741-0226.
Enfield Loaves and Fishes is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) company. Your donations are tax-deductible. Please donate today.