TO: The James M Cox Foundation
Nancy K Rigby, President
We at Enfield Loaves and Fishes Soup Kitchen send our most sincere thanks for your very generous COVID-19 emergency response grant. Your grant in the amount of $25,000.00 will help us feed the ever-increasing number of needy and hungry in Enfield and the surrounding area. We are continuing to feed the hungry during the current health crisis by serving bagged meals-to-go outside of the soup kitchen for home consumption. The number of guests being fed has more than doubled during the past weeks. Your generous support makes it possible for us to continue our mission. With your support and the support of others, we will be able to continue to serve the community by offering the following:
- Offering hospitality and companionship as well as nutritious meals 7 days a week.
- Sponsoring holiday parties and meals for hundreds of needy guests.
- Providing snacks and meals for children in an after school program (ERfC).
- Distributing groceries and bakery goods, when available, for at-home consumption.
- Offering a choice of donated clothing as necessary on a daily basis.
- Providing free flu shots for those with no insurance coverage.
- Providing free haircuts.
In 2019, we served 90,164 meals and 27,180 snacks were served to children participating in the after school program of the Educational Resource for Children. Meals provided for home consumption in emergency situations totaled 53,876. In early 2005, we opened for an additional day each week (Sundays) and we continue to do so.
Priscilla Brayson – Director